Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship for post-doctoral candidates to carry out research in Japanese Host Institutions for the 2022 cohort.
The fellowship intends to support young researchers to undertake their research in Japan universities, research institutes and other corresponding facilities in private sector. Applicants are encouraged to apply before the application deadline.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Matsumae International Foundation
Host Institution(s): Japanese Universities, National Research Institutes in Japan
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: Postdoctoral candidates
Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must obtain Letter of Invitation from Host Institutions in Japan.
- Applicants must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree)
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when application documents are submitted.
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan (Except for short-term stay such as sightseeing and conferences).
- Applicant must have an occupation in their home country, return there upon completion of their fellowship tenure and should contribute to development of their country.
- Fields of research: natural science, engineering and medicine are considered with first priorities.
- Monthly allowance of JPY 220,000
- Overseas Travel Insurance/Sickness Insurance
- Round trip air transportation (Economy class)
- Start-up Fund upon arrival (JPY 120,000)
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship 2021 are to submit the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
- Application Form downloaded from MIF’s website.
- Research project.
- Most significant publication
- Curriculum vitae
- Recommendation Letter from home institution
- Soft copies of academic certificates/diplomas for Ph.D., Masters, bachelor
- Invitation Letter
Note: All the require documents must be converted to Adobe PDF by item
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021