The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project in partnership with the BIC Farms Concepts is offering Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP) to aspiring and highly motivated Nigerian Youth to become self-employed or secure employment in agriculture sector.
Through its various initiatives, the project aims to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education.
Company/Organisation(s): IFAD Agrihub Nigeria & BIC Farms Concepts
Internship Location: Ogun State, Nigeria
Internship Duration: 3 Months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students & Recent Graduates
You May Also Like: African Export-Import Bank Internship Opportunities 2023/24 [Fully Funded]
IFAD Agrihub Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP) | What to Expect
To encourage youth interest in agriculture, the IFAD’s Agrihub project in partnership with the BIC Farms Concepts is providing a solid curriculum on Soilless vegetable farming for youth (male and female).
The programme includes classroom teaching, practical learning in the field, and internships. Through the training, the selected beneficiaries gain insights into starting businesses or taking up employment in the agricultural industry.
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project focuses on providing unemployed Nigerian Youth as well as aspiring agripreneurs with skillsets capable of qualifying them for self-employment or wage employment for improved livelihood within the rural economy.
To be eligible for IFAD Agrihub Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP), applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Beneficiaries should be between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture, especially renewable energy solutions relating to agriculture and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Siun/Ogere and Abeokuta, Ogun state (locations of the training facility) will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with specific disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo an internship in relevant machine fabrication companies.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Also Apply: ExxonMobil and Mobil Producing Nigeria Graduate Internship 2023
How-to-Apply: To apply for IFAD Agrihub Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP), applicants should fill and submit the IFAD Agrihub Training Application form online for the program.
Application Deadline: May 02, 2023