The Humphrey Program brings young and mid-career professionals from designated countries to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts. Applications are currently invited from eligible candidates worldwide for the 2022/2023 edition of the program.
As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): The U.S. Department of State
Host Institution(s): Leading U.S. Universities
Number of Awards: Up to 200 Fellows/Year
Study Level: Mid-Career Professions
Duration: 6-10 months
Nationality: Any Nationality
Also Check: US Embassy Scholarship for Developing Nations to Study in USA
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022-2023 | DETAILS
In 26 countries, the Humphrey Fellowship Program is administered by a Binational Fulbright Commission. In all other participating countries, the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy is charged with the operation of the Program.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
To find out if citizens of your country/region are eligible to participate in the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, click on your region. If your country/region appears on the list, you are eligible to apply.
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Europe and Eurasia
- Middle East and North Africa
- East Asia and Pacific
- South and Central Asia
- Western Hemisphere
Generally, programs that are eligible for the Humphrey Fellowship Program are grouped as follows;
Human and Institutional Development
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
Rights and Freedoms
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
- How-to-Apply: To access the Humphrey Fellowship application and learn more about applying, please contact the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country. For contact information and embassy addresses, please see participating countries by region.
- Application Deadline: Varies by country
Help me please I need to learn
I am sandip kumar dey from bangladesh. I have a big dream in digital media and mass Communication studies, But I don’t have much money to pay for studies here in bangladesh. I will be very delightful if i get these scholarship . These will totally change my life situation and my familys. I look forward to your reply. Thank you
Hi. I am Adama Bellel Dia, a teacher of English. And I have been recently awarded a certificate of Real Estate Management through Project Destined. I would like to broaden my knowledge in Leadership and communication.
My name is Quineth. I am from Nigeria. I have my first degree in Dental Technology and have a few years experience in public service.
I have participated many times in rural and urban oral sensitization, food drive, free medical care to people who couldn’t afford it across my community.
I am fluent in spoken and written English. I would be most grateful If I am being chosen in this opportunity as that will be an added advantage to me as I look forward to giving even more to my community.
my name is Habtie Teklu, I am from Ethiopia, you know the current stuation of our country like economic, political, poverity and ethinc and relgious conflictes. I have big interst to study my masters degree but I don’t have money to pay for studies. I will be happy and totally change my and my familys life. Thank you
I highly meed this scholarship
My name is Victor , I am from Kenya. I’ve been working in a media related organization and i have quite experience, I have a big dream and plans in mass communication & journalist, and am grateful for this opportunity that I’ve been granted to apply for a scholarship which allows me to study in the United State. If I am given this chance it will change my life, my family lives, our community and make the world a better place as a journalist, to inform, educate and entertain as a duty of fourth estate in the society. Am looking forward to communicating and engaging more with you. thank you
My name is Varnie Sonny Massaquoi, I am Liberian and with over 15 years of experiences in Human Resources management, Accounting ,Finance and Aeronautical Information Services Management. I will be honor to take advantage of the opportunity and study at one the USA Universities, I holds an AA degree in Management with Emphasis in Accounting ,A BBA degree in Accounting and Management, An MBA in Finance and a Post Certificate training as an Certified Aeronautical Information Services Officer (CAISO). I look forward hearing from you guy’s within the shortest possible time.
I am Md. Ibrahim from Bangladesh. I am a midlevel public service holder. I will be very delightful if i get this scholarship . I am also involve with Lion Club International for social work purpose. I look forward to your reply. Thank you
My name Reverend Emmanuel Popoola ,I am from Nigeria, I have a big dream in business administration and Religion studies, I don’t have much money to pay for studies here in Nigeria. I will be very delightful if i get these scholarship . These will totally change my life situation and my familys. I look forward to your reply. Thank you
I am from Algeria, I am bachelor degree ,I have more than 19 years experience in maintenance field rolling equipments , I am fluntely in English , I hope to follow studies in mechanical / elctrical engineering
I want to know more about fees found to go and study in your University, if possible to send in French language .
I am Esther from Nigeria. I will forever greatful if I’m being offered this scholarship to travel and study in the united states of America. It won’t only change me as a person but it will change my family, community, people around and even my Society. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!
I will want to receive any notification from University scholarship for free funded
My name is Alex ,I am from Kenya, I have a big dream in hospitality ,I don’t have much money to pay for studies here in kenya .I will be very delightful if i get these scholarship . These will totally change my life situation and my familys. I look forward to your reply. Thank you