Government of New Zealand New Zealand in support of the Global Research Alliance Scholarship on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA), is pleased to welcomes applications from students for PhD scholarship from developing countries.
This scholarship offers the possibility for students from developing countries to come to New Zealand to work on research projects related to agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of New Zealand
Host Institution(s): Recognised Universities in New Zealand
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Doctoral
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Government of New Zealand Global Research Doctoral Scholarships
For this special round, four PhD projects aligned with New Zealand research programmes have been selected:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertiliser implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
The scholarship is supported by the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries.
To be eligible for Government of New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Your PhD study must be conducted in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- You must be from a developing country. Check here for current classification.
- You can apply to one of the available projects.
You May Also Like: Singapore International Graduate Award 2022-2023 [Fully Funded]
How-to-Apply: Applications must be completed and submitted exclusively via the Education New Zealand online application portal.
To ensure swift and smooth processing of the application documents, all attachments need to be uploaded in the application portal in the form of PDF files only.
The following information must be provided, and documents must be uploaded to the application portal:
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship
- Meet the requirements to enrol for a PhD programme at the selected University
- Academic transcripts, grading scale and certificate of completion
- One Page Motivation letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for the selected project
- CV (maximum two pages)
You will also need to provide the names and emails of two academic referees.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022