Global Korea Scholarship for International Students, 2020: The Korean Government is pleased to announce the opening of the Global Korea Scholarship program for international students who wish to undertake a masters or doctoral study in Korea. The scholarship is supported by the Korean Government to encourage students who are passionate about advancing their career in their various fields of endeavours to receive the best training in a Korean university for the 2020 academic year. Applicants must be from the eligible countries supported by the scholarship. Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for graduate-level degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Korean Government (Global Korea Scholarship)
Scholarship to be taken at: Eligible universities in Korea
Scholarship Slots: 1,276
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable in the participating universities
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international students
You may also like: Chalmers IPOET Scholarships for International Students in Sweden, 2020
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Korean Government Global Scholarship for International Students, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for the scholarship must successfully pass the 1st round of selection managed by the Korean embassy where he or she holds citizenship or NIIED-designated Korean universities.
- Embassy Track applicants must submit their application documents to the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in their respective countries of citizenship and can apply to all available fields of study offered by 64 designated universities.
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1980).
- Applicants must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s or a Doctoral degree by August 31st, 2020.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying. The official degree certificate (or diploma) and final academic transcript must be submitted by August 31st, 2020 at the very latest.
- All applicants must be in good health, both mentally and physically, to study in Korea for the full duration of degree or research programs.
- International Students Scholarship at University of Pennsylvania, 2020
- New Zealand Government Scholarship for International Students, 2020
Application Procedure for the Global Korea Scholarship for International Students, 2020
Applicants must apply either to a Korean Embassy where they hold citizenship or directly to one of designated universities.
Institutions accepting applications – 116 Embassies of the Republic of Korea: In countries where Korean Education Center or Korean Cultural Center is located, these institutions may accept and review GKS applications in lieu of Korean embassies. It is highly recommended that applicants should contact Korean embassy in their countries to check which party is accepting the application.
Application Deadline: 28th March, 2020