Postgraduate admissions are now open at the University of Cambridge for interested students wishing to enrol and stand a chance of winning the fully funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship for courses commencing in the next academic year.
To be a beneficiary of this funding program you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section. Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Cambridge University
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Cambridge University
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Nationality: Non UK citizens
To be considered for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024/25, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Be applying to pursue one of the following courses at the University of Cambridge: PhD (full-time or part-time); MLitt (full-time); One year postgraduate course (full-time), with some exceptions
- Current student at Cambridge University who wish to apply for a new postgraduate course at the University.
The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate.
A maintenance allowance for a single student (£20,000 for 12 months at the 2023-24 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years.
One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
How-to-Apply: Applicants are to fill an online application and submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
The admission section:
In this section you are applying to a specific graduate course and a College place. You will provide all of the usual details about yourself, your academic background, plans and suitability for the proposed course.
The funding section:
In this section you can apply for a range of funding offered by the University and associated bodies, including the Gates Cambridge Scholarships, which has its own sub-section.
Also Check: The Gates Scholarship 2023/2024 for Study in USA
When applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you will be asked to provide the following:
- Statement: In the application form we ask: “In no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words) please explain why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria. Full details about how to apply, including selection criteria and guidance on completing this statement, can be found at: gatescambridge.org”
- Research proposal: Gates Cambridge requires PhD applicants only to submit a research proposal as part of their application for funding.
- Gates Cambridge reference: In addition to two academic references for admission, Gates Cambridge applicants submit a reference about their fit with the scholarship.
Application Deadline: October 11, 2023