The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training is pleased to announce the Master Mind Scholarships for the 2023/2024 academic session for master’s study programmes in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding international students. The scholarship includes a grant and a tuition fee waiver per academic session for the duration of the studies.
The Master Mind Scholarship award is an initiative by the Flemish Government to support international students to obtain world class education and enhance their research skills in outstanding tertiary institutions. Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply for this great scholarship opportunity.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flemish Ministry of Education and Training
Scholarship to be taken at: Belgium
Scholarship Level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: €9 600 + a tuition fee waiver
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the universities
Country Eligibility: International
Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships 2023/24 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the Master Mind Scholarships:
- The applicants must apply to take up a master’s degree programme at a Flemish higher education institution.
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- The student has a good knowledge of English language with evidence.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
- A grant of €9 600 + a tuition fee waiver per academic year (60 ECTS)
- The grant is paid in instalments and covers accommodation costs, insurances and a significant amount of their living expenses
How-to-Apply: To apply for the 2023/2024 Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships you need to follow the below steps:
- STEP 1 Check if you are eligible to apply and if the Flemish institution of your choice participates in the Master Mind Scholarships
- STEP 2 Submit your application to the host institution
- STEP 3 The host institution preselects the eligible applications
- STEP 4 The host institution starts the application procedure for the Master Mind Scholarship by creating your application file in the Mobility-Online application tool
- STEP 5 You receive an email generated by the Mobility-Online tool notifying you of being preselected for a Master Mind Scholarship
- STEP 6 You register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline.
- Passport photo
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0 and if applicable your publications, academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.)
- Transcript of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or letter of exemption provided by the host university
- Letter of motivation written in English
- Two letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s) with certified translation if not written in English.
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2023