Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates from least-developed and low-income countries for the ETH4D Doctoral Mentorship Programme to Study in Switzerland for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The programme seeks to provide fully funded opportunities to students from low-income countries to be able to carry out their research and be mentored by reputable scholars.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): ETH Zurich
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Nationality: Least developed countries
See Also: Commonwealth Split-Site PhD Scholarships 2023 for Low and Middle Income Countries (FULLY FUNDED)
ETH4D Doctoral Scholarship Programme 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the ETH4D Doctoral Scholarship Programme 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme at a university or research institute in a least-developed, low- and lower-middle-income country.
- Application must be submitted by the ETH professorship hosting the doctoral candidate.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2 kCHF) to and from Switzerland for the research stay
- Visa fees
- Travel allowance to attend an academic conference
- Research material (e.g. lab equipment) (max 6 kCHF in total).
- Fees for health insurance
- Local transportation
- Living allowance for the duration of the research stay at ETH Zurich
You May Like: University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 (Fully-funded)
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the ETH4D Doctoral Scholarship Programme 2023 are to complete an online application and provide the following application documents:
- Project description (see criteria document for points that need to be addressed)
- Motivation letter of the doctoral candidate (1 page)
- Most recent university transcripts
- CV of doctoral candidate (max. 2 pages) incl. publications
- Two academic reference letters
- Doctoral project proposal (if available)
- Support letter of the hosting ETH professor, including any financial and in-kind contributions (in case the mentor is a senior scientist or postdoc, both, the mentor and their professor has to sign the support letter)
Application Deadline: 30th April 2023