Foreign students all nationalities are currently to apply for DAAD Study Scholarships 2021/2022 – Master for All Academic Disciplines. The scholarship programme offers you the opportunity to continue your academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study.
The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study programme (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Scholarships to be taken at: German Higher institutions.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Slots: Not stated
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below).
Scholarships Targeted at: Foreign Students.
DAAD Master Study Scholarships 2021/2022 | WHO CAN APPLY?
- Excellently-qualified graduates who have completed a first degree (Bachelor, Diploma or comparable academic degree) at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- For applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, the DAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programmes.
- Scholarship payments of 861 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Allowance for a German language course
An independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists reviews applications based on the following criteria;
Academic qualification (documented by: certificates, reference, curriculum vitae, language certificate):
- Academic achievements and duration of studies
Quality of the study project (documented by: letter of motivation, information about the preferred Master’s programme, reference, proof of language proficiency, if applicable, letter of admission from the German host university):
- Quality of project presentation and preparation (preliminary information, contact with host institution)
- Reasons for choosing Germany (academic and personal reasons for the planned study project, choice of the host institution)
- Integration of the stay in the academic career and the connection with academic or professional perspectives
Additional criteria (documented by: curriculum vitae, if applicable, certificates):
- Additional knowledge and skills (e.g. through professional or voluntary activities, further training)
- Involvement in academic self-governance, higher education policy issues
- Political, social, cultural, family (parental leave or care periods, etc.), social commitment.
How-to-Apply: Interested candidates for the DAAD Master Study Scholarships 2021/2022 can proceed to apply online. You will be required to select your status and country of origin for specific application requirements and to enable you submit your application.
Application Deadline: Apply until 1st October (Annually).