You can now apply for the 2023/2024 DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Programme, fully funded to study in Germany for master’s degree. Successful applicants are expected to return to their home countries after study to impact development with the training they have gathered.
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries. The programme, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the students’ countries of origin.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Selected Institutions in Germany
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: Developing Countries
Also Check: DAAD Leadership for Africa scholarship for Masters Study in Germany
Eligibility Criteria | DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme 2023/2024
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Programme is open to graduates from developing countries (bachelor or equivalent);
- with a well-qualified first university degree as a rule in the fields of social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy and administration
- willing to actively contribute to the social, political and economic development of their home countries/regions
- who have already gained practical experience relevant for the programme (professional experience, internships, political/social commitment)
DAAD scholarship holders are exempt from paying tuition fees, in addition to the following other benefits;
- Scholarships (of currently € 931 per month) for master’s courses at German higher education institutions.
- Health insurance cover in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing countries
- A study and research grant
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
- Preceding German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months. Participation is mandatory.
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted in English or German. Please refer to the call for applications for detailed application instructions. When applying for placement, please indicate clearly that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Programme (Master’s scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance).
Application Deadline: To be Updated