Africa Data Science Intensive Scholarship Program 2022: Applications are invited from suitably qualified Africans for the Africa Data Science Intensive Scholarship Program 2022 which will cover tuition, travel and living expenses to attend a 2-week workshop.
The program is a hands-on skills training data science course based on solving real-world problems. Participants for the program will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling by working on real projects.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Big Data Africa
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: Full awards covering course tuition and travel and living expenses
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduates
Africa Data Science Intensive Scholarship Program | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for Africa Data Science Intensive Scholarship Program, applicants are to meet the following conditions:
- Must possess a masters or PhD in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent industry experience.
- Must be available to travel to Cape Town, South Africa for the Workshop.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Eligible countries include: South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, and Zambia.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Africa Data Science Intensive Scholarship Program are to apply online while ensuring that they provide the required documents and supporting documents.
- As part of the registration form you will also need to upload a short CV (2 pages max.)
- The first round of selections will be required to complete an online test, the purpose of this is to ensure that candidates have sufficient practical coding, logic and basic statistics skills – as well as flexibility and motivation – to be successful in the program. Due to the high demand for places additional online assessments may be required before candidates are short listed.
- Short listed candidates will be then be invited for an online interview.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2021