The 2024/2025 Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans opens for applications beginning September 2023. African students are invited to apply for a postgraduate scholarship position to study in the UK or South African fully funded and supported by the Beit Trust.
The Beit Trust is a collaboration between eight UK universities and three South African University to sponsor individuals with the passion to pursue a degree program. The partnership between the universities helps share cost thereby increasing the number of scholarships that can be funded by the Beit Trust.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Beit Trust
Scholarships to be taken at: UK or South Africa
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi, who hold permanent residence, live there and/or intend to return to their country after their studies.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2023. Relevant experience of work after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended and will count towards the award of a scholarship.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2023. They should have completed 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi.
- The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- The Trust will only consider applicants with First Class/Distinction or Upper Second Class degrees (or equivalent) at undergraduate level.
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure.
- Economy class tickets to the place of study and on final return.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2024/25 are to apply by following the procedures as outlined:
- Apply to any of the partner university in the UK and South Africa and be offered admission to study a postgraduate course.
- Notify the partner university that he/she will be approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship funding and should also indicate the work experience.
- Notify the Trust once application has been submitted to the partner university and also tell the trust which course is being applied for.
- Confirm their nationality to the Trust; Zambians are to send their application form for confirmation to email@example.com
- Applicants from Zimbabwe and Malawi are to send theirs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications, with all the supporting documents are to be uploaded online via the scholarship application link before the application deadline.
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
- A copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at South African Partner University/s.
- Degree results.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement(no longer than 500 words) to explain in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, showing date of issue and expiry.
Application Deadline: To be Updated