UNHCR, the the UN Refugee Agency is pleased to announced their 2024 internships for interested candidates around the globe to apply. The opportunity is open to both students and recent graduates across the globe interested in gaining practical workplace experience.
UNHCR’s Internship Programme offers eligible students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain experience in the humanitarian sector in line with their academic programme and future career aspirations.
- Company/Organisation(s): UNHCR
- Program Type: Internship Opportunities
- Program Location: Various
- Program Duration: 2 – 6 months
- Available Slot: Several
- Basic Qualifications: Students & Recent Graduates
- Nationality: All Nationalities
Also Check: UNESCO Graduate Internships 2024
Eligibility Criteria | UNHCR Internships 2024
The internships are open to candidates from all nationalities who meet the underlisted conditions:
- Applicant must be a recent graduate or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO;
- Applicant must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant to, or of interest to, the work of the organization; and
- Applicant must not have immediate relatives (father, mother, brother, or sister) working for UNHCR as a staff member on any contract type or as an affiliate at the time of application.
- Note: Recent graduates are considered to be candidates who completed their studies within two years of applying for an internship with UNHCR
- Covers costs related to food, local transportation and living expenses
- Covers return travel costs to/from the duty station, if need be
- Supports intern’s visa application procedures, except cost
How to Apply
New internship opportunities are regularly added on the main UNHCR recruitment platform. Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the platform. You will be required to create an account in the recruitment platform and then apply for roles they suit your profile.
Application Deadline: Ongoing