The 2023/2024 call for applications for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program, fully funded for foreign students to study in Ireland is now open. The opportunity is open to all international applicants across all disciplines wishing to take their study in Ireland starting September 2024.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council. It is a highly competitive scholarship programme with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Ireland
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Ireland
Scholarship Worth: Up to €28,000 per annum
Number of Awards: Not Stated (Several)
Study Level: Postgraduate (Master’s, Doctorate)
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria | Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
The following are indicative of the eligibility conditions for the 2024 Irish Government Postgraduate Scholarship award;
- There is no age limit for applicants to be eligible for either programme type.
- All applicants must be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or research-performing organisation.
- Applications will only be accepted in either the Irish or English language
- Applicants must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant programme, including to strategic partner themes.
- All applicants will be required to complete and pass an eligibility quiz on the
online application system prior to accessing an application form
- It is important you read the call for application for the full eligibility conditions
The scholarship fund will reach a maximum of €28,000 per annum consisting of
- a stipend of €19,000 per annum;
- a contribution to fees (up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum for non-EU fees);
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified applicants are invited to read the 2024 call documentation and complete the eligibility form to begin application. Indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
|Call open||31 August 2023|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 05 October 2023|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 12 October 2023|
|Supervisor /Mentor deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 19 October 2023|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 26 October 2023|
|Call outcome||April 2024|
|Award start date||1 September 2024|
Please note that the timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.