Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified African students who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas to work as interns and gain some practical experience and international exposure at the AfCFTA Internship Program in Finance and Accounting.
The AfCFTA Internship is aimed at creating a platform for a number of African students, possessing the required knowledge and skill levels to be introduced to the work of the AfCFTA, through an internship program.
- Company/Organisation(s): African Union
- Program Type: Internship
- Program Location: Ghana
- Program Duration: 6 months
- Available Slot: Several
- Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
- Nationality: African Students
AfCFTA Internship Program | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the AfCFTA Internship in Finance and Accounting, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be nationals of a Member State of the African Union and residing in Ghana.
- Final year students who are enrolled on full-time basis on a fully accredited degree program in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning in any of the following areas: Finance, Accounting, Audit or related fields.
- Full availability for a minimum of three months, being the duration of the program
- Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Applicants should possess a high level of quantitative and IT skills (tests will be administered)
- Must possess very good ICT skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Applicants should be capable and willing to work in a multicultural and international team environment
- Applicants should be committed to upholding and adhering to the rules and values of the Institution for the duration of the program
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- To provide students the opportunity to gain an exposure to the work done at AfCFTA
- To offer a learning platform to students who qualify to serve as interns
- To provide students, the opportunity of experiencing, first hand, the work of one of the ambitious projects of the African Union
- To promote the AfCFTA to the general public, especially the youth and encourage them to work hard towards achieving their aims of working with International Organizations
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the AfCFTA Internship Program are to complete an online application and provide all the required supporting documents by the application deadline.
First-time user of the online registration system, will need to register before they can log in. Applicants are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or identity card
- A letter of motivation
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Proof of enrolment, preferably a letter of introduction from one’s University.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023