GREAT Scholarships are jointly funded by the participating university, the UK government’s GREAT Britain campaign and the British Council. The scholarships are domiciled in UK universities, across a variety of courses for international candidates. They are funded scholarships that seeks to support eligible students to enroll for a one-year postgraduate course in the United Kingdom.
There are several British Council GREAT Scholarships for Nigerians available from various participating universities for the 2022/23 academic session. Up to 90 postgraduate scholarships available at the various institutions:
British Council GREAT Scholarships 2022 for Nigerians | DETAILS
The following universities are host to GREAT Scholarships 2022 for Nigerians:
The University is known for developing students through personalized learning and links to industry and also proffering solutions to societal problems through research. The Institution aims to be an enterprising and innovative community, renowned internationally, with an unrivalled student experience.
Edinburgh Napier University has three GREAT Scholarships available for the 2022-23 academic session. For eligible subjects, visit the university website. Interested applicants are to apply before May 27th to be considered for the scholarship.
Imperial College London is one of the world’s top 10 universities located in one of the most iconic cities ranked no.1 in the QS Best Student City rankings 2022-London, UK. The Institution aims to provide an education for students from around the world that equips them with the knowledge and skills they require to pursue their ambitions.
The scholarships are for all master’s programmes at Imperial, covering STEM subjects and Business School. Prospective applicants are to visit the Institution’s website for details and should apply by 14 March.
Keele University located in the heart of the UK, is proud of its multi-cultural and diverse student community and welcomes students from over 120 countries. Keele University has GREAT Scholarships available for the 2022-23 academic year for students from Nigeria in the following subjects: MSc Computer Science; MSc Advanced Computer Science; MSc Accounting and Financial Management; MSc Banking and Finance; MSc Business Analytics; MSc Enterprise and Innovation; MA Human Resource Management; MSc International Business; MSc Investment Management; MSc Management; MSc Marketing; MBA.
Interested applicants are to apply for a GREAT Scholarship by 31 May.
University of Bristol, a Russell Group Institution is consistently listed as a top 20 university in the UK league tables. Bristol is at the cutting edge of global research, having made innovations in areas ranging from cot death prevention to nanotechnology. The University aims to equip their students with the knowledge and skills to succeed in their chosen career in a competitive global market.
There are GREAT scholarships available for Nigerians at Bristol and interested applicants should apply on or before the application deadline. Applicants can visit the university website for further details.
The University is a modern university located in the heart of England, with the mandate of building the region’s heritage of innovation. It is an applied research University that places research at the heart of the curriculum that demonstrates positive impacts for society. Academics at the University have been ranked amongst the most highly-cited scientists in the worlds.
The University has eight GREAT Scholarships available for the 2022-23 academic year. For a list of eligible subjects, please visit the university website.
The University offers £10,000 towards tuition fees for one-year master’s programmes in specific subject area to students from Nigeria, who will enroll in the 2022/23 academic year. If you’re considering a postgraduate degree in the UK, then a GREAT scholarship can help. Five scholarships are available and applications should be completed by the deadline of June 1.
British Council GREAT Scholarships for Nigerians | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of Nigeria.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK
How-to-apply: Eligible applicants for the British Council GREAT Scholarships for Nigerians are to follow the points listed (below):
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university’s website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.