2020 West African Research Association Residency Fellowship: The West African Research Association (WARA) in the interest of supporting intercountry exchange and academic collaboration and with funding support from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department, announces Residency positions for WARA member institutions to host a scholar or researcher on their campus. The residency will afford the visiting scholar or researcher the opportunities for library research, guest lecturing as well as collaborative work with colleagues from America. Applicants are to note that residencies are short-term exchange programmes not meant to fill faculty positions.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): West African Research Association (WARA)
Fellowship to be taken at: WARA Member Institutions
Fellowship Type: Short Exchanges
Fellowship level: Postgraduate and Doctoral
Fellowship Worth: $3500 stipend, round-trip travel costs, housing.
Subject Eligibility: Any field of research at the Host institution
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for scholars from West Africa.
You may also like: Stanford GSB Research Fellows Program for International Students, 2020
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020 West African Research Association Residency Fellowship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be scholars from West Africa willing to enrol in the WARA Residency Fellowship programme.
- Applicants must be willing to travel to any WARA host institution away from his/her home country.
- Applicants who are eligible for non-immigrant visas to the U.S. will be considered.
- Applicants must possess relevant credentials in the field of study where his/her fellowship will be granted and must possess great leadership qualities.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they are capable of supporting the goals of the West African Research Association.
- Excellence Master’s Fellowship at University of Geneva for International Students
- 2020 International Students Scholarships at Umeå University
Application Procedure for the 2020 West African Research Association Residency Fellowship
Applicants are to ensure that they complete the online application form for the WARA residency programme making available the following requirements:
- Name and contact information for representative of WARA host institution.
- An abstract of about 50-80 words of the proposed residency clearly stating the purpose of the Residency.
- A proposal of no more than six (6) double-spaced pages profiling the visiting scholar, his/her proposed residency activities, how the residency activities will contribute to the goals of WARA, the expected impact or outcome of the residency and the support that the host institution is prepared to contribute.
- The Curriculum vitae of the visiting scholar and letter of interest from the scholar.
- Letter of support from a relevant administrator at the host institution which can be the dean, department head.
- Applicants are to provide proof of citizenship in the form of a copy of the scholar’s passport.
Application Deadline: 15th February, 2020