Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED to Korea 2020: UNESCO/APCEIU is organizing a Youth Leadership Workshop which is fully-funded to Korea for the year 2020 and invites youth participation from around the world. The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) is organizing the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 25 to 31 May 2020.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
Program Sponsor(s): UNESCO/APCEIU
Program Location: Seoul, Korea.
Participating Countries: Applicants from UNESCO member states.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Open to youths between 19 and 28 years of age
- Applicants must be youths who are citizens of both the ODA recipient countries and the UNESCO member states.
- The Youth Leadership Workshop is taught in English so applicants must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Applicants have to complete the e-learning course with passing grades. Other than that, your application will not be considered during the selection process.
What the Workshop Holds:
During the Workshop,
- Participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED.
- Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels.
- Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED, human rights, and peace building through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues.
- As part of the Workshop, participants will also make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
Workshop Benefits/Sponsorship Details:
- APCEIU will provide accommodation, meals, and local transportation for all participants during the workshop.
- APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea.
- The insurance in case of accidents during the workshop period in Korea will be covered by APCEIU.
- Certificates of completion will be offered at the end of the workshop only if you have attended more than 95% of the workshop programme.
Note, however, participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees.
Application Procedures for the Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED to Korea 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Application for the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED is submitted online and must be submitted before deadline. Notification of selection in the form of invitation letter will be sent by 26 March 2020.
Interested candidates should: Click Here to Apply.
Application Submission Deadline: 17 March 2020 (KST 23:59).