Applications are invited from qualified applicants of African origin for the Yale Young African Scholars Program 2023 aimed at enhancing the academic skills of applicants as well as receiving guidance on university admissions and career path options.
The program is an intensive academic and enrichment program designed for African secondary school students planning to pursue tertiary education and who wish to make meaningful impact as young leaders on the continent.
Yale Young African Scholars Program 2023 |DETAILS
Over the seven-day program, when YYAS takes place online or in-residence, participants will utilize various online platforms, including Zoom, to engage in seminars, lectures, and conversations. All relevant program information will be communicated directly to admitted participants. Following the program, students will be paired with mentors who will advise them throughout the university application process.
To be eligible for the Yale Young African Scholars Program 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be at least 14 years old, and not older than 18 years old, by the application deadline.
- You must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. Applications from refugees living in an African country will also be accepted.
- You must currently attend school in an African country.
- You must be a current 11th grade student (or the international equivalent).
- If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by latest May/June 2024. If you attend school in the Southern hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2023 and no later than November/December 2024.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Yale Young African Scholars Program 2023 are to complete an online application by following the steps on the application portal.
The following three (3) components are required of all applicants:
- Completed application form.
- Official transcripts or grade reports
- One (1) teacher recommendation