World Bank Group Paid Winter Internship Program 2020: The World Bank Group is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates across the globe for their Winter Internship Program for Young Graduates. The internship program is aimed at graduate students enrolled in a masters or PhD program and willing to gain practical experience through a paid internship.
Company/Organization: World Bank Group
Program Title: World Bank Winter Internship Program
Program Location: Internship to be taken at WB headquarters, Washington, DC. (and other locations based on recruitment needs)
Program Type: Paid Internship Program.
Program Duration: A minimum of four weeks and maybe up to six months
Program Basic Qualification: Graduates (Enrolled in a Masters or PhD Program).
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Global eligibility
About the Program (World Bank Winter Internship Program):
The World Bank (WB) Internship Program offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the WB in international development. The internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience into the WB’s work and improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. An internship at the WB is an opportunity to learn while gaining practical experience. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. In addition, it is a way to enhance their CVs with practical work experience.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the World Bank Group Paid Winter Internship Program 2020;
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time). There is no age limit.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of languages such as: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable. Other skills such as computing skills are advantageous.
- We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage all qualified individuals, particularly women, with diverse professional and academic backgrounds to apply. Our aim is to attract and recruit the best talent in the world.
The WB Internship Program typically seeks candidates for: Operations (Front Line) in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
The WB pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager. These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city. Interns are responsible for their own accommodations. Driven by business needs, most Intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few others in the WB country offices. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
The WB Internship is offered twice a year:
• Summer Internship (May–September): The application period is December 1–January 31 each year.
• Winter Internship (November–March): The application period is October 1-31 each year.
All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period. (We do not accept applications by email.)
J1 visa holders need to obtain a G4 visa abroad prior to starting employment or unpaid internship at the WB.
- Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020 for Students of Developing Nations
- Quebec University – FRQNT Internship Program 2020 for International Students
- 2019 IMF Internship Program for Postgraduate Students
Application Procedures for the World Bank Group Paid Winter Internship Program 2020 Young Graduates – How-to-Apply:
Application Form: Take time to prepare your application and enter your personal information accurately. You will be asked to upload the following documents:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Statement of Interest
– Proof of Enrolment in a graduate degree
You will need to see the official website for Application Checklist and detailed application guide.
Application Deadline: October 31st 2019.