The University of York in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, is offering eight scholarships to students in China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkey applying for a variety of postgraduate courses.
The scholarship programme offers financial support of a minimum of £10,000 to students pursuing one-year postgraduate study in the UK. Students can apply for courses in a range of subjects, at the 49 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of York, UK
Host Institution(s): University of York, UK
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Number of Awards: 8
Study Level: Postgraduates
Nationality: International students.
Also Apply: University of Oulu Tuition Fees and Scholarships for International Students 2023
University of York GREAT Scholarships 2023 | DETAILS
The GREAT Scholarships 2023 programme, launched by the British Council together with 49 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
The University of York GREAT Scholarships are open to applicants from the majority of postgraduate taught courses for China, Ghana, India, Nigeria and Thailand. Applicants from Pakistan and Turkey are only eligible if applying for one of our postgraduate Law programmes.
For more information on the GREAT Scholarships 2023, please visit Study UK.
- British Council – China (britishcouncil.cn)
- British Council – Ghana (britishcouncil.org.gh)
- British Council – India (britishcouncil.in)
- British Council – Nigeria (britishcouncil.org.ng)
- British Council – Pakistan (britishcouncil.pk)
- British Council – Thailand (britishcouncil.or.th)
- British Council – Turkey (britishcouncil.org.tr)
To be eligible for University of York GREAT Scholarships for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Application is open to students from China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkey.
- Be a citizen of China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkey
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer to study a one year postgraduate taught course at the University of York by 15 May 2023 (you don’t need to have accepted the offer). Students from Pakistan and Turkey are eligible to apply if they have an offer to study one of the below courses:
- LLM Law
- LLM Art Law
- LLM International Corporate and Commercial Law
- LLM International Human Rights Law and Practice
- LLM Legal and Political Theory
- MA Applied Human Rights
- Be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 15 May 2023)
- Have met any language condition of your offer by 15 May 2023.
See Also: Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023 || Fully Funded
How-to-Apply: To be considered for University of York GREAT Scholarships for International Students, you must apply for this scholarship online. As part of the application, you will need to provide answers to questions about your course of study and your goals for the future.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023