The University of Bayreuth is now accepting applications from eligible International students and doctoral researchers through its International Office for available funding opportunities and scholarships to study in Germany for the commencing academic session.
International students and doctoral researchers have the opportunity to apply to the International Office for a study grant. Limited funding from the State of Bavaria and the DAAD is available for this purpose.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Bayreuth, State of Bavaria and DAAD
Scholarship Type: Tuition Waivers/Research Grants
Host Institution(s): University of Bayreuth, Germany
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
University of Bayreuth International Scholarships | DETAILS
Foreign students also have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service(DAAD). Information on this can be obtained from your local representative abroad or on the Internet at www.daad.de. All grants can be awarded for up to two semesters. Scholarships for international students awarded via the International Office.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Be an international student from any nationality.
- Must be a full-time degree student.
- must have a masters degree certificate.
- Must be enrolling for a PhD research study programme.
How-to-Apply: As part of the application process for University of Bayreuth International Scholarships in Germany, applicants can proceed to completed application form and upload necessary application documents as may be required.
- Enrollment certificate
- Letter of motivation
- Copies of your passport and residence permit
- Letter of recommendation from your supervising professor at the University of Bayreuth (form)
- Description and timeline of doctoral research
- Signed declaration of the obligation to repay funds in the event of an application for naturalization (form)
- Evidence of the final grade achieved in your master’s programme
Application Deadline: August 31 (winter) and February 28 (Summer)