Reach Oxford Scholarship for students from low-income countries are offered to deserving students who because of financial or political constraints or because of low standard of educational facilities cannot study for a degree awarding programme in their home countries. The applicant must be citizens of nations who receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The offer is open to undergraduate students who have the passion for qualitative education. The scholarship is hosted by Oxford University, one of the world-class university known for qualitative education and research.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Oxford University
Scholarship Type: Full
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: Course fees, grant for living costs, and one return air fare per year.
Subject Eligibility: The scholarship is for all undergraduate programmes except medicine programmes.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for International students
You can also apply for: 2020 University of Sheffield Engineering Scholarship Awards to Study in UK
Scholarship Selection and Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants from the following countries are eligible to apply: Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Rep.; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Dem. Rep.; Congo, Rep.; Cook Islands; Costa Rica; Côte d’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Eswatini; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Dem. People’s Rep.; Kosovo; Kyrgyz Rep.; Laos; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States; Moldova; Mongolia; Montenegro; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; North Macedonia; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Samoa; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Serbia; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; St. Lucia; St. Vincent and Grenadines; Sudan; Suriname; Syria; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Vietnam; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank and Gaza Strip; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
- The scholarship is for applicants who have been offered admission into any of the undergraduate programmes at Oxford University
- Applicants must possess exceptional academic results and also great leadership qualities.
- Applicants are to note that financial need and social commitment are important selection criteria.
- Applicants should be willing to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
- Applicants who have not studies at an undergraduate level before will be given priority.
Other Important Information: Applicants are to note that the duration of the scholarship is 3 or 4 years depending on the course of study.
- Applicants are to note that not all colleges are able to offer Reach Oxford Scholarships every year. Therefore, if you are offered admission by a college that is not participating in the scheme, this will not stop you from applying for and being awarded a scholarship. If your application is successful, arrangements will be made to transfer you between colleges.
- Applicants will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
Other Recommended Post(s):
- 2020 Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- International Postgraduate Students Scholarships at University of Cambridge 2019/2020
- International Students ICT Scholarships at University of Canberra, Australia
Application Procedure for the Reach Oxford Scholarship for Students from Low-Income Countries, 2020
- Applicants are to apply for an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford through UCAS on or before 15th October, 2019 and be offered admission.
- Applicants are to note that the 2020 application for the Reach Oxford Scholarship are due to open in January 2020.