President’s PhD Scholarships: Interested persons are invited to apply for the President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Awards at the University of Manchester, United Kingdom. This scholarship is made possible following the launching of £2.5m investment in PhD training with the President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Awards. Local and international students are invited to apply for scholarships
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully funded Scholarship
Scholarship level: Scholarships are available for PhD studies only
Slots: Not stated
Scholarship Worth: scholarship value covers full tuition and stipend plus additional £1,000 p.a. enhancement to their funded stipend/living allowance.
Subject Eligibility: Scholarship covers all PhD research areas tenable at the University of Manchester.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Local and International students are eligible to apply
English Language Requirement: English Language proficiency may be required from students whose first language is not English Language.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: The following eligibility conditions are considered for candidates selection.
- Must have obtained a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent) and hold (or expect to obtain) a Masters-level qualification with Distinction.
- should have a track-record of research engagement (including relevant research experience and dissemination) and/or potential for outstanding research, as demonstrated in the quality of the proposal submitted as part of the application.
- Consideration will be based on academic track record and evidence of research potential.
In addition to the scholarship worth, awardees will also have the opportunity to:
- Attend a series of exclusive events where you’ll have the opportunity to meet the University of Manchester President and Vice Chancellor, interact closely with our academic community and network with other PDS Award students
- Benefit from international research leadership under distinguished scholars
- Become a PDS Award ambassador for the University
- Receive a President’s Doctoral Scholar medal at graduation
- Benefit from our extensive postgraduate researcher development and training
Application Format for President’s PhD Scholarships:
All applications for the President’s PhD Scholarships are done online.
- To be considered for one of these awards, candidates are required to submit an Alliance MBS PhD application and indicate that you wish to be considered for this funding opportunity.
- Candidates are advised to submit the application as early as possible. Candidates who do not submit the required supporting documents by the specific deadlines will not be considered.
Recommended Post(s): 2019 Application for Africa Oxford Initiative Travel Grant