Applications are hereby invited from interested and exceptional candidates for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships for International Students who wish to enrol in a degree program at the University.
New Zealand offers scholarships to eligible citizens from developing countries to study abroad at a New Zealand education institution or university or at a Pacific university.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): New Zealand Government
Host Institution(s): New Zealand Universities
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Bachelor, Masters & PhD
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | New Zealand Government Manaaki Scholarships
The New Zealand Government offers these Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships:
- Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate study
These are full tertiary scholarships for eligible international students to study fulltime at a New Zealand education institution or a Pacific university.
- Short Term Training Scholarships for Pacific and Timor-Leste citizens
These are short scholarships for skills training and on-the-job work experience for workers from eligible Pacific countries and from Timor-Leste.
- Short Term Training Scholarships for citizens of Southeast Asia and Timor-Leste
These are short scholarships for skills training for workers from eligible Southeast Asian countries and from Timor-Leste.
- English Language Training for Officials Scholarships (NZELTO)
These are short scholarships for government officials from eligible African and Asian countries to come to New Zealand for English language training.
To be eligible for New Zealand Government Manaaki Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older when you start your scholarship
- Applicants should Check visa requirements before you apply for a scholarship
- All foreign nationals to meet Covid-19 vaccine requirements before travelling to New Zealand.
- Applicants must meet both the academic entry requirements and the English language requirements determined by each education institution.
- Applicants are expected to contribute to their country’s social or economic development for two years after completing their scholarship study.
- Postgraduate scholarship applicants or applicants, who finished high school a few years ago, must have relevant work experience.
- Applicants who will continue working in their current job sector after they finish their scholarship.
How-to-Apply: As part of the application process for New Zealand Government Manaaki Scholarships, Go to the online application system. The online application form is only available between the opening and closing dates for your country.
Application Deadline: 28 Feb/27 March (Annual)