The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) is a scholarship specifically intended to support international students that covers international tuition fees and also provides a stipend. Applications are invited from interested international students.
The FIPRS is awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research, academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance. A very limited number are available each year (5 scholarships in 2022) and that makes it highly competitive.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University, Australia
Scholarship Type: Research Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Flinders University, Australia
Scholarship Worth: $28,854.00 (2022 RTP rate)
Number of Awards: 5 scholarships this year
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Nationality: International Students
You May Like: Australia Flinders University Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships
Eligibility Criteria | Flinders International Research Scholarship 2022
To be awarded this scholarship, the applicant must meet the following eligibility conditions:
- The applicant must be a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship; and
- The applicant must be intending to commence a full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time, in the year for which the award is to offered.
- The applicant must be intending to enrol in an area of research concentration in line with the University research objectives.
- The applicant must satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels.
The FIPRS will cover the following benefits;
- An international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- A stipend (living allowance) paid at the rate of $28,854.00 per annum (2022 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- A possible establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Also Check: Australian Government RTP Scholarships at Flinders University, 2022
- How-to-Apply: To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a Higher Degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship Group.
- You must make contact with an academic staff member in your relevant academic area, and have an agreement from that person to supervise you if you are successful.
- Application Deadline: 05 August, 2022