Applications are currently invited from high-flying candidates to enrol for the 2022 Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Scholarship Programme at the ETH Zurich, Switzerland. The E4D Programme is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
The goal of the Engineering for Development (E4D) Programme is to promote research and education for the benefit of underprivileged people in low-income countries. The grant sum is 175’000 CHF to cover the salary costs of the doctoral students for three years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Host Institution(s): ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Scholarship Worth: 175’000 CHF to cover the salary costs
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Doctoral Students
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria | ETH Zurich E4D Doctoral Scholarships 2022
- Applicants must have existing contact with an ETH professor in the field of your study is highly recommended
- Applicants must have High English proficiency level is necessary (the following certificates are accepted)
- Applicants with Maximum age: 40 years
- Applicants must have Excellent MSc or MA degree with high academic performance is necessary
- ONLY contact an ETH professor with a concrete project idea
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Scholarship Programme, eligible applicants are expected to apply online via the Application Form for E4D Doctoral Scholarships.
- Project description (using this template (DOCX, 14 KB) vertical align bottom)
- CV of the candidate
- Excellent MSc or MA degree from a recognised university and grade transcripts
- Support letter of the supervising professor at ETH Zurich, clearly stating the financial contribution to the project
- 2 reference letters from your field of research
- Own publications or documentation of relevant activities relating to the project
- Names and contacts of 5 independent external reviewers
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022