Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellowship 2020 at Harvard Kennedy School: Applications are invited from suitable and interested students for the Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellowship 2020 to study at Harvard Kennedy School in the United States of America.
The Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellowship not only allows Harvard to bring some of the most talented and ambitious future leaders from the Middle East to the U.S. to study, but it also enables students from the U.S. and other parts of the world to deepen their own understanding of the region and to learn from some of its leaders first-hand.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): A collaboration between the Center for Public Leadership (CPL) and the Middle East Initiative (MEI) at HKS, and the government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Program Location: USA.
Program Title: Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellowship.
Program Type: Leadership Training and Graduate Fellowship Program.
Program Duration: Not specified at this stage
Slots: 10 Fellowships to be awarded.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Candidates from the UAE and the Arab League.
More About the Fellowship:
- Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellows are awarded a full tuition scholarship, living stipend, and health fees for the duration of their graduate degree program.
- Applicants will be considered based on their demonstrated academic excellence, work experience, and commitment to public service and leadership in the Arab world.
- Fellows will be required to participate in a robust co-curricular program offered by the Center for Public Leadership.
- This fellowship is open to applicants entering their first year of study in any of the Harvard Kennedy School’s four masters’ degree programs.
- Each year the cohort will consist of up to ten Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellows—half from the United Arab Emirates and half from other countries within the Arab League.
General Eligibility Criteria:
- The Emirates Leadership Initiative (ELI) Fellowship is open to all admitted degree program students at Harvard Kennedy School hailing from the United Arab Emirates and other countries within the Arab League.
- Successful candidates demonstrate excellent academic credentials, a deep commitment to public service, and strong leadership potential in the Middle East.
Application Procedures for the Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellowship 2020 at Harvard Kennedy School – How-to-Apply:
Interested and eligible applicants must submit:
- A biographical profile, not to exceed 150 words. (This profile should be short, concise and in the third person.) Please include the following highlights: an introductory sentence including your name; the degree you are pursuing at Harvard Kennedy School in addition to any joint degree at Harvard or concurrent degree program at another graduate or professional institution; where you are from and where you currently reside; an overview and highlights of your relevant work/professional experience; significant leadership achievements including awards or certifications; and educational credentials with the degrees earned and institutions attended.)
- A document containing written responses to two essay prompts Please discuss briefly a topic you are passionate about as it pertains to leadership in the Arab world and your experiences as it relates to this topic. Please include specific examples in your response. (750 words or less) 2. Please discuss briefly your interest in the Emirates Leadership Fellowship and how your leadership goals have motivated you to apply. (200 words or less)
Application deadline: February 3, 2020.