AfDB Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2020 for Young African Graduates: The African Development Bank (AfDB) is launching the 2020 Young Professionals Program and therefore welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates to be part of the program.
Do you have passion and commitment to development of Africa? Outstanding academic and professional achievements? A commitment to engage in crucial issues in Africa’s development? Do you wish to make a difference, be part of something bigger than yourself and explore your leadership potential? If yes, you are the one we are looking for.
Company/Organization: African Development Bank (AfDB)
Program Title: Young Professionals Program (YPP)
Program Location: AfDB business locations across Africa
Program Type: Leadership Training Program.
Program Duration: Three years
Program Basic Qualification: Masters degree in any discipline.
About the Program (Young Professionals Program):
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. We attract highly qualified and motivated professionals from our member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development. Through the YPP, the Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
The Young Professionals Program offers you a platform to build an exceptional and fulfilling career in the Bank. This development program spans 36 months and is structured under the Young Professionals Learning Academy.
Program Focus Areas:
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas that are aligned to our Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and our gender strategy are the following five high priorities (Hi-5s) of the Bank’s operations:
- Light Up and Power Africa:
Power systems development (grid base power system, power utilities), Climate change and green growth (climate finance, climate adaptation), Energy statistics, policy and regulation (energy statistics), Renewable energy (off grid energy access), Energy partnerships (energy partnerships and stakeholders engagement, energy markets).
- Feed Africa:
Agriculture & agro-industry (agribusiness development, agriculture research, production and sustainability), Agricultural finance & rural development (agricultural and rural finance, rural infrastructure development).
- Integrate Africa:
Development research (macroeconomic policy, debt sustainability and forecasting, microeconomic, institutional and development impact), Governance and public financial management (program development, policy management), Statistics (economic and social statistics, statistical capacity building).
- Industrialize Africa:
Private sector development (strategy and new product, portfolio asset management, special operations), Financial sector development (financial institutions, financial inclusion), Infrastructure, cities & urban development (transport and logistics, ICT), Industrial and trade development.
- Improve the lives of the people of Africa:
Water, human and social development (education, human capital and employment, sanitation and public health.
Eligibility Criteria and Basic Requirements:
To join the AfDB Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2020, you should:
- Be a citizen of a member country of the Bank.
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 1st May 2020.
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials.
- Have at least 3 years work experience in the areas related to the high priority areas (Hi-5s) as mentioned above.
- Interested candidates with coding, e-development, animation and platforms designs and maintenance are required this year.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries is a necessary requirement.
- Have passion for Africa’s Development
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others. Work effectively in teams with displayed high adaptability to a diverse environment.
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results- orientation and problem-solving capability.
- High business acumen and innovative mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves.
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and any other country in Africa where the Bank may require your services.
- Indonesian Government Scholarships 2019/2020 for Developing Countries
- Young Graduate Program 2019-2020 at Total Nigeria for Recent Graduates
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation – AfDB Collaboration Leadership Fellowship Program 2019/2020
Application Procedures for the AfDB Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Please note that application for admission to the AfDB YPP is an online process. The YPP is highly competitive program and you are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
You need to take note of the following application checklist.
- Provide an email address; and an alternative one. Fill in correct e-mail address since this will be the main means of communication
- Answer all the questions
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you email us with updated data, should your contacts change during the recruitment process
- Complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- Upload the following required documents (mandatory):
– Maximum two page Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word version.
– Copies of Academic Certificates/Transcripts.
– PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topic (short summary), if applicable.
– You will be expected to write an essay of about 800 words.
In is important that you proceed to get detailed and all necessary information on the official webpage before you begin your application.
Application Deadline: November 13, 2019 midnight (GMT)