A.S Hornby Educational Trust scholarships 2020 for the Postgraduate Study in UK: The British Council wishes to announce the commencement of application for the A.S Hornby Educational Trust scholarships 2020 fully funded for a one year full-time Master’s study programme in the UK.
The A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships are awarded every year to English language teachers from outside the UK to study for Masters in TESOL at the University of Warwick. The Trust was set up by A.S.Hornby in 1961 to support English language teaching worldwide.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): A.S Hornby Educational Trust/British Council.
Scholarships to be taken at: TESOL at the University of Warwick.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Slots: Not Stated.
Scholarship Worth: Fully-Funded. Covers cost of tuition fee, research cost, living expenses, travel cost and all other study-related cost for the Master’s programme.
Subject Eligibility: Master of Art in English
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students. Please see the official scholarship site for specific eligible countries.
English Language Requirement: Required, see details within the post.
Apply Also For:
- Technical University of Munich Loschge Scholarship Award in Germany
- International Postgraduate Students Scholarships at University of Cambridge 2019/2020
- Postgraduates Merit Scholarships Award 2020 at Monash University, Malaysia
Other Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships in the UK, the following eligibility conditions apply;
- We welcome applications only from countries listed on the DAC list.
- Applicants for the scholarship award must have at least three years’ full-time English language teaching experience and a full university degree.
- Applicants also require the level of English proficiency stipulated by the university. This is assessed according to IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
- Scholars require an overall score of 6.5 in IELTS, with no less than 6.0 in any of the categories, and 6.5 for writing, In TOEFL an overall score of 92 and 24 for writing. In PTE overall 62 and writing 62 is required.
- The Hornby Scholarships are intended to support experienced English language teachers who have the potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries.
- British Council employees are not eligible to apply in the Hornby Scholarship programme.
The scholarships cover all the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses, tuition fees, and return air tickets, visa and approved language test costs.
Application Procedures for the A.S Hornby Educational Trust scholarships 2020 for the Postgraduate Study in UK – How-to-Apply:
Document Requirements: You will be required to provide documents to include your CV, academic transcripts, reference letters, and personal statements, etc
Application Deadline: 12.00 midday UK time on Saturday 30 November.