2020 Newton Advanced Fellowships for Early Career Researchers: The Newton Fund in collaboration with the Royal Society is pleased to announce the commencement of the fellowship scheme which is to provide international researchers with the opportunity of developing their research capacities and strength through training, collaboration and reciprocal visits with a partner in the United Kingdom.
The skills and knowledge that will be gained from the fellowship will be harnessed for the wellbeing of the communities as well as used to increase the economic benefits of the society. The award is currently available for early career group leaders or researchers to develop their research linking them with some of the best research groups in the UK.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Newton Fund and the Royal Society
Fellowship to be taken at: United Kingdom
Fellowship level: Post-doctoral
Fellowship Worth: £37,000 per year
Subject Eligibility: Biological Sciences and Physical Sciences
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international researchers
You may also like:University of Glasgow PGT Excellence Scholarship Award, 2020
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 Newton Advanced Fellowships for Early Career Researchers, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have obtained relevant doctoral degree or its equivalent research experience.
- Applicants must have less than 15 years of postdoctoral experience in his/her field of specialization.
- Applicants must hold a permanent or fixed-term contract in an eligible university or research institute which must span the duration of the project.
- Applicants must be interested in the advancement of science for the benefit of humanity.
- Applicants must be willing to return to his/her home country and help in the advancement of research practices.
- Caux Scholars Program at Switzerland for Early Career Scholars, 2020
- Call for Applications: Migelien Gerritzen scientific research and conservation Fellowships 2020
Application Procedure for the 2020 Newton Advanced Fellowships for Early Career Researchers
Applicants are to ensure that they submit their application through the Royal Society’s grants management system Flexi-Grant®.
Applicants are to note that the confirmation of support from the UK and overseas heads of department will need to be completed before the advertised deadline in order to successfully complete and submit the application. The Research Office at the UK host organization will not be able to approve your application for submission to the Royal Society until the departmental supports and application form have been completed.
Application Deadline: 10th March, 2020