2020 Lionel Cliffe Memorial Research Scholarship for Africans: Applications are requested from qualified students from Africa to apply for the 2020 Lionel Cliffe Memorial Research Scholarship for African scholars and/or activists. The scholarship is based on the notion that fund shortage for critical research is one of the problems militating against the success of African scholars and activists in terms of research in political economy. The Review of African Political Economy (ROAPE) in response to the funding challenge is giving research grants to scholars to take up research in the field of political economy in Africa. ROAPE is a refereed journal committed to encouraging high quality research and fostering excellence in the understanding of African political economy.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Review of African Political Economy (ROAPE)
Scholarship to be taken at: Africa
Scholarship Type: Research Grant
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Up to £5,000
Subject Eligibility: African Political Economy, Political Science.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for African Scholars and/or Activists.
You may also like: Call for Application: Wales Africa Grant by the Welsh Government
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020 Lionel Cliffe Memorial Research Scholarship for Africans, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for the scholarship must be nationals of an African country and residents in an African country. Applicants who are based in or studying outside Africa will not be considered for the award.
- Priority will be given to younger scholars and activists who are not yet established and who do not have alternative source of funding primary research.
- Applicants may apply as joint applicants meeting the requirements above.
- Successful applicants must be ready to submit a research report with a summary account of what was achieved.
- Applicants must also prepare a brief outline of his/her research proposal to include a title, an abstract of no more than 100 words clarifying the political economy framing of the research, an outline of no more than 200 words including a section on the methodology to be adopted in the proposed study.
- Applicants are to submit a motivation letter explaining how they meet the criteria and why you think you are a good candidate. Two references to include the position/institutional affiliation, email address, phone numbers and skype contacts should be included.
- Applicants are to attach their CV to show their biological information, educational qualifications, activist experience, research experience and current employment status.
Other Available Offers:
- Postgraduate Scholarship for Africans 2020 at Kampala International University
- 2020 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Young Leaders Initiative
Application Procedure for the 2020 Lionel Cliffe Memorial Research Scholarship for Africans
Applicants are to ensure that they send their application and other supporting documents by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Official Webpage for more Details
Application Deadline: 15th March, 2020