2019 R&A Scholarships for International students: Application is open for international students at the University of St Andrews for the 2019 R&A Scholarships for International students. The scholarships are aimed at undergraduate students and most especially postgraduate students (Honours Degree) of worldwide. If you have in studying in the UK, then this opportunity is just for you.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): R&A Golf club of St Andrews
Scholarship Type: full scholarships
Scholarship level: Scholarships are for aimed at Honours degree programs
Slots: Not stated
Scholarship Worth: Scholarship covers tuition fees, travel expense, accommodation. At least, scholarships worth up to £10,000 will be awarded for 2019.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarships available to i9nternational students
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English Language must provide evidence of fluency in English Language
About the Scholarship Sponsor
The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews hold a unique position in the game of golf. Established in 1754, it has evolved through two and a half centuries as a leading authority in the world game. As the club celebrated its 250th anniversary in 2004, it devolved responsibility for the administration of the rules of golf, the running of The Open Championship and other key events, and the development of the game in existing and emerging nations, to a newly formed group of companies collectively known as The R&A.
Scholarship Eligibility/Basic Requirements:
The following eligibility conditions and basic requirements are some of the criteria for selection of candidates.
- Applicants must be matriculated undergraduates or will be immediate graduates of the University of St Andrews when taking up the Scholarship.
- Applications should demonstrate an interest in, and understanding of, the work of the R&A.
- If short-listed, applicants must be available to attend an interview in St Andrews on 15 March 2019, at which they will be expected to give a short presentation on their proposed use of the scholarship award.
- The award of the scholarship is subject to the successful applicant being granted a year’s leave of absence by the University. The successful applicant will be expected to have passed all module exams and not be carrying any deferred assessments prior to taking up the scholarship.
- The scholarship award will be taxable income. Once the successful applicants have been chosen the University can advise on the UK tax implications, but students domiciled out with the UK should bear in mind that their home governments may impose other tax regulations. It is the responsibility of the successful applicant to consider the impact of the funding on their own tax and financial circumstances and to comply with all relevant tax regulations and reporting requirements.
- The successful applicant needs to be eligible to work in the UK as a student visa will not cover this employment period.
- The successful applicant will be expected to fulfil an ambassadorial role and present an account of their travel activities to the University and The R&A as well as to submit reports during the period of travel and at the completion of travel. View more scholarship eligibility conditions here
Application Format for the 2019 R&A Scholarships for International students
Applications must be made in the MySaint portal.There are discrete courses of action for understudies of Medicine, who should make interval game plans with their accomplice Medical School with the end goal to take up the scholarship.
You should ask for TWO references (one must be a scholarly reference) from your proposed officials ahead of schedule to enable them to submit so as to help your application. You are required to transfer the references yourself to your application, yet on the off chance that your arbitrator wants to send them straightforwardly to stewardship-at-st-andrews.ac.uk, that will be satisfactory. For this situation, you should transfer a report to your application that shows who your officials are so we may accord them to your application in time.
Application Deadline: Friday, 25 January, 2019.
Recommended Post(s): 2019 Edinburgh College of Art Postgraduate Scholarships