NDDC Postgraduate Scholarships 2018: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), established in the year 2000, is saddled with the responsibility of bringing development to the Niger Delta region. with the mission of encouraging the fast, even and sustainable advancement of the region such as to position it in a prosperous economic, social status and equally peaceful ecological and political terrain.
As part of their core responsibilities in Human Resource Development initiatives, NDDC is hereby, inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates for their 2018 Foreign Postgraduate Scholarships to study in any foreign institution of their choice.
NDDC Postgraduate Scholarships 2018 | Details
- The Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme is structured to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
- The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Technology
- Management Sciences
Eligibility and Requirement
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, candidates are required to possess the following:
- First degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in Overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- All application must be done on-line at the Commission’s website: With the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Post Graduate Admission Letter from a recognised Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from a recognized University.
- N.Y.S.C Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Successfully completed application forms will be assigned registration numbers automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- The commission will not enter into any form of communication with candidates who were not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT) or those who were not invited for oral interview or candidates that were not successful at the oral interviews.
- Preference would be given to candidates from oil producing/bearing communities/local government areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut off mark.
- The commission will ensure a fair spread of courses among beneficiaries within each state.
- Deferment, change of institution and course are not permitted.
- The commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select applicants in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. the decision of the commission in this regard is final.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng).
For further enquiry, please contact: The Director, Education, Health and Social Services (NDDC);